Sunday, July 12, 2009

Expecting too much for a birthday present

I'm supposed to be asleep by this time. Switching off the lights, and chatting through phone on my bed with my warm blanket on. This had been a routine activity, everyday.

Today, as usual I off my lights and called him. After the chat, we ended up quarreling.

Me: Where's my birthday present? My birthday past almost one month already.
Him: I though of want to give you when you move to Penang for work.
Me: Then have you bought one? I thought you would have give me when I went for my second interview.
Him: I did went to search for your present, but the shopping mall was very crowded. I'm shy to walk into those shops like shoe shops to buy you a present. It's very weired for a guy who enter a girl's shop.
Me: That means in your heart, I'm not important and it's not worth it for you to enter a shop to buy me a present.... (crying)
Him: Don't think like that, it's not as what you think....
Me: ...... (Crying)

Every time when we are far apart, if you find me the next morning with swollen eyes, you can be sure that I had a quarrel with my boyfriend. Am I wrong? I'm just hoping to be surprised with a birthday present. Is it too demanding?

It's just complicated. We are not like normal couples. He thinks that Valentine's day is not important, and he said that our anniversary and my birthday (and his birthday) are way too important than V-day. Then, I only received a birthday card on my birthday and he didn't seriously go and search and buy me a birthday present. This is what he meant by my birthday is much more important than the V-day.

Happy belated birthday to poor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment