Friday, July 10, 2009

Things will never be the same again

Today is supposed to be a day to be celebrated. JM headed to his first interview and supposingly will be offered the job very soon. And for me, I got a job last week and will start next month. Everything seems and sounds so nice and perfect. In real soon, this couple will start their own career (more appropriately -- WORK) respectively. And in real soon, both of them will be having different work life and environment, in different places...... Distance had always been a problem for them. And for this time, the only difference is the distance between them has 'evolved', whereby both of them will be working in Penang (me) and Melacca (JM). Distance can be overcome by 7 hours plus drive, toll fares, and fuel? Definitely not.

I almost forgot why I chose to apply jobs in Penang and not Ipoh. Ya, I tried to convince myself that there are lesser chances in Ipoh and wanted to change to maybe a new environment. Therefore, I chose Penang and KL. I thought it was fate, where I didn't receive any calls from KL for interview, and the only interview I had was in Penang. I convinced myself AGAIN, that it's FATE that brought me to Penang to start my new stage of life, closer to him. However, God often challenge my faith and perseverance. It started when JM didn't manage to get his MBA application and had to work while trying to apply MBA again. His plan changed 180 degrees, as well as mine.

It's time to THINK very properly how to face the future challenges! I just tidy up topics related to my work and will start studying them soon - chemistry, food analysis, microbiology, Food Act and Regulations. It's kind of back to study life, just that the purpose of study is not meant for examinations anymore. Good news or bad news?


No comments:

Post a Comment